On February 13, 2013 the Citizens Crime Commission partnered with U.S. Attorney Amanda Marshall to host a Call to Action Summit. The summit brought together leaders and stakeholders from across Oregon for focused briefings, dialogue and sharing of ideas about community health and safety. The one day summit featured executive briefings and panel presentations by subject matter experts in six focused areas relating to gun violence, health and safety in our community:
- Law Enforcement; preventing and prosecuting gun crimes
- Mental illness in our community
- Public spaces and schools; safety for the new normal
- Bullying; caring and compassionate communities
- Gang, Youth and Gun Violence; we can’t arrest our way out of it
- Media and Messaging
Leaders from law enforcement and justice, the business community, mental health organizations, faith communities and schools gathered around a shared vision for opportunities and action items to improve the health and safety of our communities.